Authentic Mexican “NoPales” Cactus Salad Recipe – Los Cantores Recipe Corner:
The Ingredients for Authentic Mexican “Nopales” Cactus Salad:
- 6-8 “NoPales” Cactus paddles
- 1 Medium white onion
- 2 Medium tomatoes
- 1 Cup cilantro
- 1-2 Green hot peppers (green bird’s eye Chile pepper or you can also use Jalapeño)
- 1-2 Limes
- Salt to taste (preferable “sal de grano” – coarse sea salt)
How to Prepare:
- Boil the cactus paddles in water with cilantro and onion in a medium saucepan until soft.
- Then, drain into a plastic strainer and let it set for about 15 minutes to allow all of the liquid from the “NoPales” Cactus to drain completely.
- Rinse thoroughly with cold water to get rid of the “NoPales” Cactus viscose liquid.
- Chop the “NoPales” Cactus to size you prefer.
- Mix together the chopped “NoPales” Cactus, chopped onion, tomato, cilantro and green hot peppers. Season with salt.
- Serve this healthy and delicious dish as a salad or side dish with Los Cantores Tortilla Chips.
- Best Paired with Los Cantores Original Tortilla Chips, Lime or Chipotle Flavours.